The transfer window is heating up! Transfer Talk brings you live updates on all the latest rumours and done deals. Check out all the confirmed January moves so far on our transfers page.
TOP STORY: Coutinho deal “imminent”
Philippe Coutinho believes a move to Barcelona is “imminent,” reports The Times, as Liverpool look set to lose the Brazilian midway through the season.
Barcelona have increased their offer to around £142 million, £106m of which will be paid up front, with the rest based on appearances and trophy-related bonuses.
Although Liverpool have tried to persuade Coutinho to stay, it’s thought he is desperate to depart for the Nou Camp this month and isn’t interested in discussing a pay raise to remain at Anfield. Meanwhile Jurgen Klopp told a news conference he has “nothing to say” about the matter ahead of his team’s FA Cup Merseyside derby against Everton on Friday.
Thomas Lemar has been mentioned as a potential replacement, but Monaco boss Leonardo Jardim has dismissed talk of the midfielder leaving in January.
Mourinho looks to Tierney, Sessegnon
It seems a new left-back is the top priority for Manchester United this month, with Jose Mourinho reportedly frustrated with the club’s hierarchy for refusing to sanction a £50 million bid for Danny Rose.
Rose may still end up leaving Tottenham for United, but there are several other names in the frame for a move to Old Trafford.
According to the Daily Record, promising Celtic youngster Kieran Tierney features high on Mourinho’s shortlist after making huge progress under Brendan Rodgers.
Tierney is a renowned Celtic fan, however, and was recently spotted wearing a retro shirt on holiday in Tenerife. Having signed a new six-year contract earlier this season, United could find it difficult to prise him away from Parkhead.
In that event, United could move for Fulham’s Ryan Sessegnon, who is valued at around £30m by the Championship club. The 17-year-old is a wanted man in January as Paris Saint-Germain, Tottenham and Real Madrid all rival United’s interest.
Mkhitaryan back to Dortmund
Henrikh Mkhitaryan is being lined up for a return to Borussia Dortmund as he searches for an exit route from Manchester United.
The midfielder has struggled to make an impact during his 18 months at Old Trafford, and now The Sun claims he could be heading back to Germany for a fee close to the £30m United shelled out in 2016.
Inter Milan have also expressed an interest in the 28-year-old and are thought to be keen on a swap deal involving Portugal international Joao Mario.
However, United may choose to take the money and run, with Mourinho seeking to secure more funds to strengthen his squad.
– Barcelona hope to bring forward the signing of Colombia centre-back Yerry Mina, according to Palmeiras sporting director Alexandre Mattos. A deal had been agreed for the 23-year-old to move to the Nou Camp in the summer, but Barca now want Mina on board for the rest of the campaign.
– Crystal Palace have offered £16m for Lille defender Ibrahim Amadou, claims The Sun. The Eagles need to find a new centre-back after losing Scott Dann to injury, and 24-year-old Amadou could fit the bill.
– Everton are chasing Nice midfielder Jean Michael Seri, reports Sky Sports. The 26-year-old was close to joining Barcelona last summer before the deal was scrapped at the 11th hour.
– Newcastle will move for Watford’s Troy Deeney after missing out on Cenk Tosun to Everton, according to The Northern Echo. The 29-year-old has scored only two goals in 14 appearances this season.
– Tottenham will offer new contracts to Harry Kane and Toby Alderweireld in a bid to fend off interest from rival clubs, reports the Independent. It’s thought Kane will double his wages to £200,000 a week with Spurs aiming to tie him to a seven-year deal.
Matthew Stanger covers European football for ESPN and is the editor of The Set Pieces. Twitter: @MatthewStanger